The TNR project (Trap, Neuter, Return) 2017
The TNR project 2017 has been held from 2 up to 7 May. The vets Karen and Lisa (Cogges Veterinary Surgery)flew over from the United Kingdom and spend their holiday neutering the streetdogs and -cats of Dahab. These vets neutured the amazing amount of 76 animals in just 6 days!
Animal Welfare Dahab, the volunteers and the people in Dahab are very happy with this result. Next to the regular neutering, this action adds a lot of value to the welfare of the strays in Dahab.
This project would have been impossible without your help. A HUGE THANK YOU TO YOU ALL!
* iDive Dahab for let us use the Open Ocean Science Center as the clinic.
* The Blue Beach Club made it possible to have the Blue Beach Stables as the place to take care of the animals after the surgery.
* Coral Coast for giving us a fridge to keep the medicines in the clinic cool.
* Sea More Travel for taking the vets from the airport to Dahab and back.
* Seadancer Dive Center for giving the vets a well deserved dive experience in the few hours of free time.
* Sharon Trinder and Red Sea Relax for organising a raffle to raise an amazing amount of money for this project.
* For giving away prices to win with the riffle: Sharon Hair Styling Dahab (hair cut and conditioning hair treatment), Churchill's Bar (bottle of wine), Coral Coast (yoga), Blue House (dinner for two), Maggi May (ayurvedic facial), Daryl & Jane (pack of bacon, bottle vodka), H2O Dive Centre (intro- or guided dive), Ralph's German Bakery (breakfast for two), Vera (reflexology), and Namaste (dinner for two).
* Stichting Zwerfdieren in Dahab for supporting the project with very necessary cat-traps and other materials.
* Ibrahim Kamel, our local tailor who made for us a super strong stretcher to carry after-op dogs in.
* Axel Hinze for offering his beautiful villa to the Cogges Team so they could return rested every morning to the clinic.
* Sabry and Karin ( Time Café), Cathrine Asar of (Nefisa, Momo (yummy cakes), and Madeleine for taking care of delicious lunches!
* Red Cat and Dive Urge for offering vouchers for Karen and Lisa.
* Kasia Rohleder for letting us use her car in her absence.
* Carm Inn Restaurant for preparing the lovely bbq for the volunteers.
* Anne Jungstand for giving Karen a well earned physiotherapy treatment so she could continue operating.
* The people who have made a donation for this project.
* And of course, the people who have been helping out with making the Blue Beach Stables dogproof, taking care and after care of the animals, catching animals who excaped their boxes at the clinic (2 cats), catching animals of the streets, and other actions that come with taking care of animals: Daryl, Jane, Caroline, Toby, Fiona, Rose, Yasser, Sara, Sol, Omar, Philippe, Beth, Tanja, Samra, Amr, José, Margreet and Anne.